The Sisters of Charity Foundation of Cleveland traces its roots back to 1851, when the Sisters of Charity of St. Augustine (CSA) arrived in Cleveland from France to serve as the first public health nurses. In 1973 the sisters used the proceeds of the sale of Saint Ann Hospital to endow the Saint Ann Foundation, the first health care conversion foundation and the first foundation formed by a congregation of Catholic sisters in the United States. In 2006, the Sisters of Charity Health Foundation of Cleveland merged with the Saint Ann Foundation and the two foundations blended their missions. Central to the mission of both foundations and a deep-seated facet of the foundation today is supporting congregations of Catholic sisters and their ministries.
The Saint Ann Legacy Grants are responsive grants of up to $10,000 to support the ministries of Catholic sisters in Northeast Ohio as they work to meet the needs of God’s people. Ministries of Catholic sisters include those that are sponsored or led by Catholic Sisters or programs at other organizations where Sisters are significantly involved. The purpose of these grants is to support the Sisters at work in our region today.
Consistent with the Foundation’s mission, the Saint Ann Legacy grant gives special attention to ministries reaching out to those most in need, particularly low-income women, children, and youth. The program, however, also recognizes the call of women religious to address other areas of need, such as spiritual needs, social justice, or ecology.
Review the guidelines to apply for a Saint Ann Legacy grant.
For technical assistance questions for application submission, please contact:
Ursula Craig, 216-357-4472 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For technical assistance for grant development:
Erin McIntyre, 216-357-4464 or email@example.com