A Refined Funding Model
Please note that changes have been made to the foundation’s 2024 grantmaking due to a limited grantmaking budget.
Our refined funding model for 2024:
- Reaffirms our commitment, albeit with reduced funding, to organizations that are working to end homelessness in Cuyahoga County and to collaborative initiatives of Catholic Sisters;
- Sustains investment in the Central Neighborhood through Cleveland Central Promise Neighborhood and Building Healthy Communities;
- No longer includes funding for statewide health policy organizations, Health Equity grants, Saint Ann Legacy grants or the Good Samaritan grant program;
- Creates a new responsive grantmaking program that will support organizations aligned with the Foundation’s mission. See guidelines for specific information on this process.
- Provides bridge-funding to Healthy Eating and Active Living (HEAL) grantees in the Central Neighborhood in 2024. Funding for these programs will phase out in 2025; and,
- No longer provides funding for sponsorships.
2024 Responsive Grantmaking
The responsive grant program is an open process that is recommended for organizations previously applying through the Good Samaritan Grant Program, Saint Ann Legacy Grant Program, or outside of our strategic initiatives. See guidelines for more information on funding eligibility and priorities.
- Letter of Intent Opens: February 9, 2024
- Letter of Intent Deadline: March 1, 2024
- Notification of invitation to apply: March 22, 2024
- Grant Deadline: April 26, 2024
- Announcement of Grant Awards: Late June 2024
2024 Strategic Grantmaking Initiatives
Grant opportunities through our strategic initiatives are by invitation only and will be advised of their grant schedule and guidelines by foundation staff.